RDN's Blog Banner

RDN's Blog Banner

Friday, August 22, 2014

Introduction

Introduction:

I guess you can still live the dream life in America.  Althought maybe not as easily as the great generation did.  Being a early Boomer myself I have found the wonders of being retired.

I have two new careers to keep me occupied, and my mind vital and intact. Or at least I think it is.  I actually retired later than I had planned oh so many moons ago, but earlier that I actually figured as I matured.  I reached the dah point, as I call it, in 2010, when my wages were to be frozen for at least two years, and if I took my SSI early, and my State retirement at that point I was working for free.  Thus why work is a world of stress, for no monetary benefit, so I gave my heart and mind a present and retired.

The best career decision I have ever made.  My life, health, and all around well being improved, and I was able to dive into the antique business I had begun ten years earlier, as my retirement career of choice, and enjoy the fun.  Along the way, my second retirement dream began to come to the surface, as I began to write once again, as I had off an on for years, only now I had the time to let the words just flow.

Five novels, 14 short stories and two books of poetry, published under a pen name, instead of by me.  Modest royalities do flow, and it is a pleasure to see someone purchase the stories written by the other me.

Now it is time for me to slip into the open. I have two poetry books on Amazon right now, and one is actually free for the next five days.  As you might be able to tell I often write in verse, and poems about my cats seem to often come first.

You will learn about them, if to this blog you subscribe, for they fill my life with joy and my mind with inspiration.  I hope you will enjoy my blog as it grows, and through here I will tell you as new stories grow.

Richard D. Nurse
RDN

No comments:

Post a Comment