RDN's Blog Banner

RDN's Blog Banner

Friday, August 22, 2014

The Circle of Life

A Title I believe has been used a few times before

“The Circle of Life”

Isn’t amazing how the circle
 Of life always seems to go on.
For each one lost;
Another one is found.
Or in the case of Street Fighter,
 Five new ones into view do bound.

For on that sad day
We had to put him down,
Mommy, his companion,
And friend to the end,
Brought out their babies
For their first view of the world around

 Five little balls of fur, all fuzzy and round;
 And pointy little tails; just sort of stumbling around. 
She fed them in the open for us to view,
Her gift, a thank you, and show of trust
For years of caring and loving by us
For her, her children, and her mate by us

What a sight to see, for in the five will be:
One mostly gray, another one tawny,
 And again a brown tiger with cute white paws,
However, the two that I think, Are the cutest of all,
Are 2, four-legged cotton balls
With black spots, randomly scattered about





Just a coincidence
I think not my friend
She knew how bad he was hurt
For she stayed by his side.
She showed us their babies;
For us remaining by their side

Who will take over the pride?
At present, I do not know.
I have to put my faith in mommy
To watch over the pride
For unlike Street Fighter
I cannot always be at her side.

By:  Richard Nurse
©August 22, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment