RDN's Blog Banner

RDN's Blog Banner

Saturday, January 30, 2016

New Poem: "Three 3's this Morning"



Three 3's this Morning...



Three, what is special about you?

Especially on this early morn
For 3 was the only number
on the face of my clock
When I gave into the band of three.

Three cats, one old, and two young
Relentless, until their goal is reached.
The oldest with his head next to me
Starts his motor, as to say its time,
While Mr. Peanut begins to trill and talk to me.

But the real artist at waking me,
My special little buddy, you see.
Trapper wakes me, using his own special way,
With a full body massage as he walks, and kneads
Up and down  the entire length of me.

I may not be a mathematical whiz
But I do remember that when
The number three divides then number one,
The answer produced is an eternal one.
A decimal point, followed by three's reaching for the sun.

Like the endless 3's, and their quest for the sun.
My three cats don't stop until they have won.
Won what you say?, Why to get their human's
Butt out of bed, For they think it is high time they got fed.
Not food for there is plenty. No...they want a treat from me.



copyright January 30, 2016
Richard Nurse
All rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment